Managing inventory volume to the various store locations, especially during high-volume months, is a demanding responsibility. That’s when working with a logistics company for retail distribution solutions can help you reduce your stress and give the work to the experts.
Retail Pool Distribution Solutions is a service that focuses on delivering merchandise to individual store locations. Retail pool distribution is a cost-effective transportation option for many retailers looking to save money without increasing transit times. At Service Express, we offer several direct-to-store shipment services to meet your needs.
Continue reading to learn how retail distribution solutions can help you, the benefits of direct-to-store delivery, and learn the value a logistics company provides your business.
3 Benefits of Retail Distribution Solutions
If you’re unsure if retail distribution services are right for you, here are some of the benefits you can expect.
1. Store Replenishment & Fulfillment in One Location
You can work with one company that will pick up, ship, and deliver your products to the correct retail locations.
2. Sort and Seg Management
The logistics company will sort and seg your product allowing for fewer square feet of space at your DC. Make your job easier by having the logistics company manage your products according to your standards.
3. Reduce Time Spent on Administrative Tasks
Save yourself time and energy and allow an efficient logistics company to manage the pool distribution process, the consolidation, and final mile delivery, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Retail Sectors That Can Use Retail Distribution
Here’s a list of several retail sectors that have benefited from using retail distribution solutions for their business.
- Auto retailers
- Convenience stores
- Department stores
- Drug stores
- Grocery stores
- Home furnishing retailers
- Specialty retailers
How Does Direct-to-Store Delivery Work?
This transportation method bypasses the distribution center, and instead, the freight is delivered to the pool point. After arriving at the pool point, it’s sorted into individual vehicles to ship directly to the retail location.
Advantages of Direct-to-Store Delivery
One of the benefits retail distribution offers is shipping merchandise directly to the retail location. It’s an inexpensive and quick way to solve out-of-stock merchandise. Here are some additional advantages you can expect when using this service.
- Works well for high volume product delivery
- Decreases likelihood of damage to large, fragile, and lightweight merchandise
- Reduces operating costs by not using a distribution center
- Gives you shipping flexibility
- Allows products with a short shelf-life to arrive faster to their destination
Best Practices for Retail Distribution Solutions
Did you know experienced logistics companies have standards and practices in place for their customers, that meet or exceed most retailers requirements? These standards ensure you receive the best service possible. When you choose to work with Service Express, you’ll have confidence that your freight will be well taken care of throughout transit.
Some of our best practices include:
- Taking care of supply chain functions
- Reducing your operational costs (less in-house staffing and building space)
- Helping you expand into new markets
- Managing freight from the origin point to the destination
Here’s what you can expect from the Service Express team.
- Adaptability to Change: We can quickly adapt to changes and find solutions.
- Experienced Team: We employ knowledgeable staff that can cost-effectively move freight.
- All-Inclusive Services: We handle everything from planning to execution.
- Dedicated to Your Success: We aim to help you meet your goals and grow your business.
Learn How We Can Meet Your Needs
When you choose to partner with Service Express, our team will work with you to adjust your services to meet your needs now and as you grow. Contact us to learn more about our retail distribution solutions or request a quote to get started.